Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program
The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is the backbone of Canadian immigration. It provides an excellent opportunity to the individuals who have work experience and are willing to work and live in Canada.
As of January 1, 2015-The Federal Skilled Worker program applications are being processed through EE or Express Entry immigration selection system for immigration to Canada. Applicants qualified under the Federal Skilled Worker Class program must create Express Entry profile online to show their interest for Canada immigration.
Here is a brief summary of what you need to know:
- You have previously worked in an occupation in the NOC 0, A or B categories for at least one year.
- Applicant must be eligible for the program under the assessment grid and points system based on their age, qualification, work experience, and other adaptability factors, with a score of 67
- Before applying, you must have your Education Credentials Assessment with you
- You must have passed a minimum threshold of language ability for one of Canada’s two official languages (English/French)
- Dependent children under the age of 19 (on date of application) are eligible to be included
- You should have sufficient funds to survive in Canada after arrival
- You should not have any health issue or criminal record as this will make you ineligible for immigration
When you apply through Express Entry, you get an Invitation to Apply, where you get 60 days to submit a complete application along with all the supporting documents
Applying for Express Entry doesn’t make you eligible for immigrating to Canada, you will be ranked among all the applicants and those who score the highest will be selected first
They Can Help You
Get in touch with our experts to start